GT Zaskar LE team

yeahh baby yeahh

that frame is so smooth! you should stick a SID on it, that red Judy wasn't that the DH version? think that fork is a bit older then the frame?

Martin, loving the retro Technic Lego!!!

That was circa '87? Suspension, working engine.... my brother had one, never let me play with it, tight git! :(

The Judy forks are indeed to old for this Zaskar but because of the only red one I had I put it in for the picture. A black Sid should stick in it but maybe when I find one.....

The technic-lego is about 20 years old I think, had to wash my dad's car million times and put all my savings to buy that car, it's so pretty.... :D

Martin":1abf2liu said:
The Judy forks are indeed to old for this Zaskar but because of the only red one I had I put it in for the picture. A black Sid should stick in it but maybe when I find one.....

The technic-lego is about 20 years old I think, had to wash my dad's car million times and put all my savings to buy that car, it's so pretty.... :D

not to mention, too long. Those were the DH Judy forks with the longer travel...not downhill by any means, but a bit much for xc hardtail, no?

Great frame and tyres

GoldenEraMTB":2zl0d8qk said:
Those were the DH Judy forks with the longer travel...not downhill by any means, but a bit much for xc hardtail, no?

Axle to Crown they are just about right, you can see they're not too long by the BB height.

As for the amount of travel, mine barely produce 2/3 of the claimed 80mm travel :LOL:

Hmmmm.... nice, very nice :)

I like white bikes. Although I always thought a Zaskar should be ball-burnished, but I honestly admit that this one also looks totally cool.

A bit like a modern version of a cool classic bike. Much better that those re-issue frames anyway ;-)

Void(EN12-82)

Tallpaul":y3aqu178 said:
GoldenEraMTB":y3aqu178 said:
Those were the DH Judy forks with the longer travel...not downhill by any means, but a bit much for xc hardtail, no?

Axle to Crown they are just about right, you can see they're not too long by the BB height.

As for the amount of travel, mine barely produce 2/3 of the claimed 80mm travel :LOL:

True...guess the "DH" label on these Judys was a bit misleading :p

But they did race DH with those forks back in 95.
They used Mags and the likes for DH bikes in the 90's
Those where the days where you didn't need 150mm minimal to go downhill.

Needed a fork for this one just to take a look how it should be bike-like. So I split a Judy XC (the "gold"one how you call it) and put on some Judy DH lowers. So yes it is a bit misleading, it only has the XCish 63 mm of travel.

Not decided what forks and headset to put in it.

Already got a Thomson seatpost (like in the catalogue), flite seat, Wheels (GT hadley with modern rims sadly), Michelin Wildgrippers (mucho thanks to LTS biker, Controltech bar (idem dito), SRAM 9.0 halfpipes with 9.0 carbon rearmech and and... Well guess I just have to build it.....

Thanks all!

Cheers,
Martin

Back