take care

Nice! Love the shock link.
Like the matching colors too, I've got the same fork on my Jamis.
The elastomers were very hard though, and couldn't find new ones.
Did you have that problem too?

Really like that especially the Orange bits

Only problem its made me want a full sus for my next project

Jamis Diablo":1673whq8 said:
Nice! Love the shock link.
Like the matching colors too, I've got the same fork on my Jamis.
The elastomers were very hard though, and couldn't find new ones.
Did you have that problem too?

Thanks!

The fork is very plush, and perhaps too soft at times, so I have not had that problem. I also make sure to make use of the micro lube port; I imagine if I didn't, I would have the same problem. Did you make use of that?

I wouldn't want to look for new ones- I imagine I wouldn't be finding them either.

Huntso":1673whq8 said:
Really like that especially the Orange bits

Only problem its made me want a full sus for my next project

Haha, thanks. I have an orange crankset as well, but it's heavier than the lx crank so I left it off.

I'm not a full sus guy myself, but I figured I'd give it a crack a few times. I've owned three, counting this one. I also built up an Amp and a gary fisher joshua. It's a comfy ride, but just doesn't accelerate as quickly as I'd like it to.

cherrybomb":1673whq8 said:
Ooh!......now.......see.

That's sexy that is. :cool:

Ah...you I thank...I do :D

I guess it's sexy in a dual suspension sort of way...I'm more of a steel hard tail man myself ;)

Very Nice, and a very cool ride, I like how it makes a statement without fancy cnc goodies (well not counting the Bazooka that is).

Not seen too many of these here or anywhere for that matter. I think you were right leaving the orange cranks, but how about some orange Oury grips? And do consider fitting more agressive off-road pedals as finishing touch.

IbocProSX":2iyy1zah said:
Very Nice, and a very cool ride, I like how it makes a statement without fancy cnc goodies (well not counting the Bazooka that is).

Not seen too many of these here or anywhere for that matter. I think you were right leaving the orange cranks, but how about some orange Oury grips? And do consider fitting more agressive off-road pedals as finishing touch.

Thanks...I have every color of Oury grips except orange...damn! :LOL: (It would be a good look though, I have to agree.

As for the pedals...I had a set of Time ATAC pedals, but took them off as the bike might be going up for sale. The pedals on there are throw-away variety...I havea box full of them for when projects are over and moved out.

I try not to cnc things to death, only because it can be done easily with the right amount of funds. Partly due to the huge popularity of cnc'd items back then....the non-cnc'd good stuff is harder to find. Then again, love CNC...but it is possible to have too much of a good thing :p

kaiser":f85iekll said:
That is lovely. The orange is nice and original :cool: have you seen these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250301482253

Thank you.

I had not seen those; they look cool and interesting...though I don't think the anodized orange of those brakes would go well with the flat orange of my bits on this build.

I'll post a pic of the crankset I had planned to keep on this setup, and bought with that specific purpose...till I weighed them...yes, I can be a bit of a weight weenie regarding tank like parts :oops:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Really like that. Looks like very little clearance around the moving parts though. :shock:

Back