Orange Aluminium O collection..

Cheshire1980

Orange 🍊 Fan
My unicorn as a teen :cool: . Always a massive admirer of the matt silver, dull understated but it just works! The front suspension O is my main rider, which has Pace RC35 forks and a mixture of Shimano XT/Dx from BITD, and of course the Orange branded saddle, stalk stem and hotrod bars.. This bike gets a fair amount of abuse, really like the ride quality of this bike, weighty but reasuringly stable on the decents. I have a rigid matt silver one also, a wee bit excessive having the same bike, but could'nt decide whether to go for the suspension route or rigid, so one of each of my unicorn was required! Just need to get a period groupset for it now! Lastly the re-sprayed white O is a mixture of left over parts which is going to be built for my girlfriend as a spare bike..

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • IMG_1290.JPG
    IMG_1290.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,269
  • IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,266
  • IMG_1284.JPG
    IMG_1284.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,263
  • IMG_1291.JPG
    IMG_1291.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,270
Thanks Guys for the great comments! Have another O not pictured, a black frame and forks, but when I stripping it, I found it was originally orange and white fade.. I know at the time Orange had problems with the orange and white fade ones flaking, and i believe they had some resprayed and re stickered. So this was probably the case with frame.
I Would like to get this resprayed this colour , probably get bob Jackson to respray and get some Gil M decals also. A project for the long term future tho :)

Re:

The frame i have was orange and white fade a long time ago but its in shocking condition , its an early one with a sealed bearing bb like a Fisher
and a one piece bar stem in steel .
Paul

Great looking bikes. Good job.

Now if only people would stop hoarding all the good bikes I might find an Aluminium O for myself :)

Shinobi... of course you have the aluminum o that's says Icemans... :) cool find that.. haven't seen a bottom bracket like that before..

Thanks thefallguy, yes getting a O in good condition is quite difficult these days.. if I come across one I will pm you..

Back