Klein Quantum 1996 full bike with Campag

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all! I haven't been on RB for a while....a mix of self enforced absence due to having a toddler, and trying to limit my online time due to a new job!

Anyway, I'm just not riding this bike, and have my eye on a new CX bike that'll do me better for day to day use.

I think it's a '96 or '97 Quantum Race. The serial number denotes 96, but it has some 97 features!

The frame was bought in about 2000 by my dad from a French triathlete, who said he had built it up but never ridden it. It then hung in my dad's shed for the next 13 years until I got my hands on it.

It's currently built up with Campag Mirage 9 Spd brifters, front mech, and chainset, but a Shimano rear mech and wide range block for the steep hills around here. I have the Campag rear mech, so it should just need a closer ratio block to get that working.

- 1996/97 59cm Klein Quantum frame & forks. Aluminium frame, and carbon forks.
- Campag Mirage shifters, front mech, chainset and BB.
- Shimano Ultegra brake calipers, debadged XT rear mech and 11-36 rear block + Campag Mirage short cage rear mech.
- Mavic Cosmos wheelset (blue matches the frame nicely) and Hutchinson tyres. The front hub has a little surface corrosion to the blue finish, but nothing serious.
- Thomson seatpost and Flite gel saddle (though I might keep the Flite and fit something else!)
- 3T stem and bars.

Not really sure what it's worth - I'd estimate at about £500? But I'm open to suggestions!
I'd be happy to post, but would obviously prefer collection.

If you're interested then feel free to email me at ajantom(at)googlemail(dot)com as I may not check my messages here straight away.

Here's a recent photo, and I can take more if required.

14135597399_2830ca9999_c.jpg

Cheers ;-) probably going to whack on Ebay in the next week or so. Still open to offers.
I'll be sad to see it go, but I've ordered my new bike now, so need to clear a slot in the garage.
For some reason my wife feels that 8 bikes is too many!

Latest posts

Back