F1...its a farce!

I don't know about anyone else but wasn't the last race just dull? I know F1 can be dull anyway, but a brand new multi million pound track with basically one overtaking place? It was only made interesting by the drivers nodding off and driving into walls!! And whats the point of a night race with a track that better lit than in daylight?! I was praying for a powercut :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Harryburgundy":15tuxrmz said:
Strange how this week Massa rec'd a drive through for the same offense that he rec'd a peppercorn fine for a few weeks ago :?

Odder how he only got a drive through for something as dangerous as releasing early, causing all sort of mess. Compared to the one's who had to come in to the pits under the safety car else they would be stuck in the middle of the track and so making a hazard (so increasing safety) given 10 second stops and goes.

Shouldn't they really the other way around. :?

Andy B":1kwc74v1 said:
Makes me laugh every time I see this pic...

50369_2.jpg

Worthy of a caption competition? :LOL:

Oh, how I laughed when it happened. Isn't it called 'Karma' or something!

Harryburgundy":14zb0cuo said:
Good race at Singapore...although I'm not convinced with any track that makes overtaking so hard.
Big shame for Massa..a talented drive
As for Ferrari
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ying and yang and all that.
Strange how this week Massa rec'd a drive through for the same offense that he rec'd a peppercorn fine for a few weeks ago :?
Oh really, you obviously don't know the rules. Under rule 423(j), subsection (xiii), a Ferrari can be penalised only if the resultant penalty has no effect on the World Championship. Thus a drive through penalty in Valencia would have cost him the race, so was strictly prohibited, while the drive through in Singapore didn't cost him anything and therefore was imposed. So you see the Stewards were perfectly consistent.

Similarly, when he spun later in the race and pulled away straight into Sutil's path, causing Sutil to crash and a safety car situation, anybody else would have received a ten-place grid penalty for the next race. But clearly that would have offended against rule 423(j), subsection (xiii), so quite rightly no action was taken.

If you don't know the rules, I can't see why you bother to watch SoapF1, Harry Burgundy. Not for the racing, surely? :roll:

Anthony":3b0c2hs3 said:
If you don't know the rules, I can't see why you bother to watch SoapF1, Harry Burgundy. Not for the racing, surely? :roll:

True Anthony, but I only have the official FIA rule book, you clearly have access to the 'other' one ;)

I think it is said that all good businesses run two books :LOL:

Back