NOVEMBER 1ST. Forest of dean ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campsite in Bracelands is several miles from Parkend - so not staggering distance if some of you are staying at Parkend. Two pubs in Parkend itself - the Fountain and the Woodman. Food at the Woodman is OK- never tried the Fountain.

There is also a campsite at Parkend but it's private -Civil Service Motoring Assocaition might be a possibility if you have any connection with that organisation.

I'm around that weekend, so may even put in an appearance for the morning at least as I live just a few miles away in Ross on Wye.

Question for the guide - is the Rising Sun the pub at Moseley Green?

Cheers

Carol

CAS":1bg5mn9s said:
Campsite in Bracelands is several miles from Parkend - so not staggering distance if some of you are staying at Parkend. Two pubs in Parkend itself - the Fountain and the Woodman. Food at the Woodman is OK- never tried the Fountain.

There is also a campsite at Parkend but it's private -Civil Service Motoring Assocaition might be a possibility if you have any connection with that organisation.

I'm around that weekend, so may even put in an appearance for the morning at least as I live just a few miles away in Ross on Wye.

Question for the guide - is the Rising Sun the pub at Moseley Green?

Cheers

Carol

I stay at the CSMA place quite often thanks to family jobs. It's an ideal place if anyone in that line of work can join. Not only camping but cabins as well.
Any real ale fans will be interested to hear that the pub next to the site stocks Reverend James.

Sleeping arrangements

I think i'll bring my Subaru Legacy estate 4x4 and kip in the boot!
Have we sorted times, directions etc

Looks like i'll be able to make this now if it's okay with you guys :D Only issue is that i no longer have a retro steed :shock:

Wont be partaking in the camping as mum and dad live near Hereford so will stay with them.

I know some of the FoD so will be good to discover some new trails :cool:

If those wanting to stay at the Fountain Inn bunk house drop me a PM i'll try and book us a dorm (numbers allowing), a link to it is in my previous post. Cost is £10 per night and bedding packs are available should you need one. Please state which night/nights you require a bed.

Cheers Mark.

Good call, :D How far is it from us Sinnett?

If noone else is as slow as me I'm taking a home brew rocket, or eating a catering tin of beans, what ever is cheapest! :LOL:

yeah should be a laugh, can I bear to get the fox mucky? It does need christening!

reanimation":o31r8g6d said:
Good call, :D How far is it from us Sinnett?

If noone else is as slow as me I'm taking a home brew rocket, or eating a catering tin of beans, what ever is cheapest! :LOL:

yeah should be a laugh, can I bear to get the fox mucky? It does need christening!

It's a 3 hour drive from us Mark. Figure we set off at 0630-0700 on the Saturday, stay overnight, returning at our leisure on Sunday :D

Good grief, big day, if its owt like last time can we arrange chill out ambulance bed at the end for us to kip in, and sexy nurses just in case. ;)

*touches wood* :?

(Not that wood :roll: :oops: , the table!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back