89/90 Saracen Trekker Comp

Gravy Monster":2sxkso9n said:
Do the brakes work well ? and are they any better than std canti's ? I always liked U brakes in the dry..

They are awesome :twisted:

Well, on the dry fast dirt track around Richmond Park they were anyways. And with the UII Booster, near as zero flex.. Not sure it's going to be a Mud Plugger with the less-than-ideal mud clearance but hey..

It brought back so many memories for me too rgproduct, I even thought I smelled the back burning of fields behind Friston Forest and the warm hum of fresh cow turd.. Ah Teenage Summer Days.. :D

I seem to recall an electric blue one with the same decals that was also very nice. Good work!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, tis good to see her getting used :) ................... :( missin her now

how you finding the biopace ?

retrobikeguy":2awmnsfc said:

Unfortunately, the chainrings were sh*gged [esp. the middle one] :( Chain was having no joy staying on them so have had to use a set of grey Pace rings I had lying about. Will be on the look out for a good set of Black Biopace rings but that might be rather optimistic :?

kingroon":2tf2mph7 said:
retrobikeguy":2tf2mph7 said:

Will be on the look out for a good set of Black Biopace rings but that might be rather optimistic :?

Now c'mon, it would be too easy a rebuild if you could find em just like that, I had to buy a full chainset just to get black chainrings for my black XT crankarms :LOL:

keep looking fella - all the best stuff comes to them who wait ;)

Loving the old skool Saracen.

Put on a turbo, rolls or pukka saracen saddle and it'll be perfect :cool:

Back