What cranks for my Klein?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Turns out the cooks e-cranks I'd sourced for the klein were duff. Soooo what should I go for?

Cooks e-cranks again?
M900?
Later Middleburn?

Not sure a dog bone style or garishly anodised crank would look well with the paint. Still need some degree of trckness though. Any ideas :?:

Silver Grafton Joystick/Speedsticks.

Lovely looking spider/arms, not garish anodising. Perrrfect.

If you want to ride it M900 (or early XT). garage queen then cooks/topline/grafton or any other short lifespan early 90s machined crank ;)

what happened to the e crank, spider tabs came away from the drive side crank arm? that was the most common breakage, then just general tapers & threads self destruction!

scant":12y1d507 said:
If you want to ride it M900 (or early XT). garage queen then cooks/topline/grafton or any other short lifespan early 90s machined crank ;)

Afraid I'll have to agree with you on that one ;)

scant":12y1d507 said:
what happened to the e crank, spider tabs came away from the drive side crank arm? that was the most common breakage, then just general tapers & threads self destruction!

Bent spider and worn tapers :cry:

John":3j1b9meo said:
scant":3j1b9meo said:

scant":3j1b9meo said:

John,

how long is the bb spindle? XTR M900 will need a much shorter (108-113mm) one than Cooks and not sure if you want to replace it. XT M730 would work on a 122mm spindle but it may even be longer if it came with Cook cranks.

Carsten

Carsten":3kea2fsx said:
John":3kea2fsx said:
scant":3kea2fsx said:

scant":3kea2fsx said:

John,

how long is the bb spindle? XTR M900 will need a much shorter (108-113mm) one than Cooks and not sure if you want to replace it. XT M730 would work on a 122mm spindle but it may even be longer if it came with Cook cranks.

Carsten

XT M730 cranks.. I've got some of those for sale ;)

It came with XT M730. The e-crank would've been a good fit were it not for the taper. Guess I'll have to run something similar :(

Back