calffee greg lemond z replica

Re:

The old guard, LeMond, Roche and Fignon all livened up this Tour. It was one of my favourite races. I know Indurain flattened everyone with that time trial in Luxembourg, however the attacks kept coming in the mountain stages that followed. This photo is from one of the early stages into Brussels where Lemond was trying to grab a few seconds on Indurain and Bugno.

Attachments

• Greg lemond tour 1992 jpeg.jpg
    Greg lemond tour 1992 jpeg.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 823
Re:

Hi Pat,
Sorry-there are some news within the Calfee-Lemond-Project?
Could you find a solution for the problem with the chain wheel.
Shimano BB solved the problem?

Greetings
Thomas

here this pic will be from 1991 - Greg rode his Calfee with Deltas 5th Gen and simple Campy brake levers (I think powergrade type) and the stem looks like a MAVIC 365, which he labeled into a SCOTT.

... Pat you will also wear such a funny Giro helmet too :D - I know where you can buy one

Attachments

• bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 780
Re:

Hi Thomas,

Yes Shimano UN 55 bottom bracket 70mm wide with a 113mm spindle worked out fine.

Yes I recognise the picture on LeMond on the titanium time trial bike. That is from the 1992 Tour DuPont. I have 42cm scott type drop in bars ordered along with a 3TTT Pro titanium stem. The bottle cages are TA, but they were a new style for 1992, TA "Nevada" looks close from what I can see. Cables and a deraileur clamp ordered as well. Just waiting for the postman to deliver now. The saddle used on the 1992 bike is a Selle San Marco Bontrager 200 Titanio Saddle. I will stick with what I have for the moment. If one in poor condition/cheap comes up on ebay, I might be tempted.

Yes, I like the Giro "Air Attack" helmet, One of my favourites, Greg is wearing the Giro "Ventoux" in the photo from the 1992 Tour, new also for 1992.

Regards,

Pat

Hi Pat,
ok - last time I saw such a helmet in the cycling cellar/store of a friend - refer to my TVT92 Carbone HM labeled Team Z he asked to sell it to me. But I didn't want to buy it.

I will contact him at the Weekend and ask him for the helmet and the Price. What your size you need?

BR Thomas

Sorry Pat - no helmet

...he told me that he sold the helmet to a collector of cycling helmets for a lot of Money
Greetings

Re:

No problem Thomas, thanks for trying,
Giro used the Z colour scheme on one of their newer helmets in the last couple of years, it didn't look good though, rounded at the back.
The "Air Attack" just looked classy.

Regards,

Pat

Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":2du9862k said:
Yes Shimano UN 55 bottom bracket 70mm wide with a 113mm spindle worked out fine.
I'd check that you haven't damaged the tapers by using a JIS bb with and ISOO crankset. Not a happy combination, can result in cracking the cranks

Re:

Thanks Ultimobici,

I finished the bike just before Christmas. I took it for one spin already, it rides great, very comfortable bike. I will post some photos of the bike tomorrow. I will have to look at the bottom bracket again. It loosened on the spin. I did find glue in the threads that I had to clean out before clearcoating the frame. So I guess the previous owner used glue to stop the bottom bracket loosening.
The iso tapers I tried previously resulted in the chainset rubbing the chainstays. So I will have to look for a longer spindle.

Regards,

Pat

Back