100% English

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone see it last night ?? Absolutely hilarious watching a bunch of little Englanders trying to decribe what being English is all about .. all dying to say that you can't be English if you're black, but not having the balls to do it on telly ... Great to see that womans face when told she was part Gypsey, and the presenter was not trying to hide his delight which added to her obvious annoyance ..

channel 4 went off half way through this (about 5 mins after i tuned in)
thing is we're all imports :)
mike

I'm rather lucky in that I know my family tree back to the early 1700's and once you get that far back, its quite clear that there is no such thing as 'English' really.

My ancestors are from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany and more and I'm quite sure that there are very few people who have anything other than a mixed ancestry.

We're a mongrel breed - the Brits! :)

I only have to go back 1 generation to encounter Swiss/German in my bloodline, so about 75% English that I'm aware of... mind you that would probably be ok for most of the people on the programme since they seemed to be ok with Northern Europeans..

Sing it my arayan brothers...
Fatherland fatherland ...., tomorrow belongs to me

i'm half austrian on me mums side so i suppose thats the side that counts
as you can't exist without your mum but your farther can be anyone
if you know what i mean

my grandad was one of the first to sign up in his village.
people say your grandad fought for this way of life you ungrateful little....
no my grandad was on the other side!
mike

It was interesting to see the reactions to the DNA tests. They must have hand picked the candidates to make good TV.

Back