Colnago Active SOLD THANKS

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD THANKS

Based on the "one in - one out rule" I have sadly opted to offer this lovely Colnago Activ up for sale. One of the last Non "C" series frames to be built in the Italian factory, (2004) with the iconic original Paintwork, bearing a few minor scuffs and touch ups, but still stunning, with the original Colnago headset. Fork is a replacement and the Original star fork will come with it, which was replaced for safety reasons as the steerer has a small split from the top down, due to a carbon bung being over tightened by the original owner. It would probably be fine to use, but I elected not to.
These frames have carbon seat stays and offer a forgiving ride but with the stiffness where needed and have the Aero Teardrop profiled top and down tubes . The Later Taiwanese made frames had curved seat stays.

Size is 54cm centre to top and 54 ctc top tube. 27.2 seat post and 1-1/8th head tube, bike as pictured, just over 7kg.

The frame fork and wheelset would cost you much more than the full bike price.

Group is a bit eclectic, but top spec,

Wheels are now a near new pair of Miche Syntiums, Chainset Chorus Ct 50/34 with new BB bearings and Record cups. KMC SL 10X chain, new, Mavic SSC brakes (mint) rear mech Sram Red on a Sram Power dome 10 speed 11-28 cassette (These weigh just 145g and are £140 new) Sram Rival Carbon 10spd shifters (both less than 500 miles) Cinelli Dinamo bars and choice of stems, Easton EC90-Sl carbon seat post, New Schwalbe Etape Durano Tour De Yorkshire folding tyres, Saddle is Selle SLR Titanium about 170g, like new.

Really difficult to value for resale, but looking at Now £550 posted, less than half what it cost me to build, if you are after a light and great handling bike, with great paint, this would take some beating.

Would consider a trade with cash either way, for a complete but small sized vintage/retro road bike or a modern "Winter" bike. Other swaps considered.

Re:

Frame Fork and Colnago headset. with nice Campagnolo seat clamp and original Colnago fork £240 posted insured, PM me thanks.

Re:

Really nice that Phil and a bargain to boot!

As you know, way to small for me...!

Re:

The trouble with that lark, is loads of separate AND expensive postage and being stuck with odd parts not to mention all the fees, would probably do better in my LBS as a commission sale.
It's dirt cheap, as the parts even SH are worth way more than the £550 alone, so frame is basically foc.

Back