An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im tempted but terrified whether I'll be up to the challange, I am comfortable riding in my group of friends, but i'm really unsure of how i'll be able to keep up on real hills these days.

Seriously contemplating this now... I'm sure there must have been drink involved when we first decided it looked like a good idea! :LOL:

Jerky ride with us!! You will have no worries :D One of the blokes who is riding goes to the gym but dont ride at all from what I have heard?

JeRkY":1ryk86mb said:
Im tempted but terrified whether I'll be up to the challange, I am comfortable riding in my group of friends, but i'm really unsure of how i'll be able to keep up on real hills these days.

it's not competitive - seriously - don't worry!! we always wait for the slowest in the group - always a good excuse to check each others' bikes out, talk bollocks and generally enjoy the view :D we don't have to do the longest route either...

Crell":1vfbw79h said:
Is it doable on a rigid (Ive got no idea what the route is like)?

Definitely doable rigid as most is muddy rather than rocky and the ups are long grinds rather than steep and long. Also doable ss as I found out last year by changing the cassette in the dark the night before with no trial ride resulting in only one useable gear.

Meeting up at the start would be good and we had no problem at all riding together last year so suspect it will be the same this year - it's an organised social ride rather than a race after all.

oh my god this sounds like such a laugh! love the trails around that area and with added bonus of ales to pick up along the way I think I'm in! Will hopefully have my car running by then so I can make it - cheers :D

JeRkY":222xnxi4 said:

If i do it it will be with a bunch of unfit cyclist with me on a rigid singlespeed. So we will be going very very slowly enjoying the view and getting drunk. Im sure you will be more than able to keep up with us so i really wouldnt worry!

As long as someone saves us all a place at the bar for when we get back!

s_zigmond":17cu7yft said:
JeRkY":17cu7yft said:

If i do it it will be with a bunch of unfit cyclist with me on a rigid singlespeed. So we will be going very very slowly enjoying the view and getting drunk. Im sure you will be more than able to keep up with us so i really wouldnt worry!

As long as someone saves us all a place at the bar for when we get back!

Sounds like our kinda plan! :LOL:

Sounds like we should all ride together!! :D

I know thats the plan for our party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back