Rudy Project (no shades)

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
One of the many variations on the Verlicchi downhill frame: the Rudy Project Downhill :)

7610974390_843815e79e_b.jpg

The year is circa 1994. In 1992 a Verlicchi (Iron Horse, Cullinan) was raced to the downhill world title in Bromont, Canada. The Verlicchi was the 1st full suspension & downhill specific frame to be successfull in competition. The frame has also been raced to world cup event wins and the NORBA cup.

Apart form that it is a frame with an interesting history, this Rudy is a delight for fans of purple 'bling'. Frame, fork, stem and post are a kit together

Rudy's swing with Marzocchi damper unit >>>

7610977076_b1aac580b4_b.jpg

Marzocchi XC400 forks >>>

7610986742_71be9632ca_c.jpg

Under this link a review of the Rudy Project Downhill.

Re:

Wow, nobody reacted to this post?

I remember those from bitd, they were quite popular in Belgium. I loved them (but never owned one).

Do you still have the set? Did you ever build it up?

Elev12k":1hif8ruj said:
One of the many variations on the Verlicchi downhill frame: the Rudy Project Downhill :)

7610974390_843815e79e_b.jpg

The year is circa 1994. In 1992 a Verlicchi (Iron Horse, Cullinan) was raced to the downhill world title in Bromont, Canada. The Verlicchi was the 1st full suspension & downhill specific frame to be successfull in competition. The frame has also been raced to world cup event wins and the NORBA cup.

Apart form that it is a frame with an interesting history, this Rudy is a delight for fans of purple 'bling'. Frame, fork, stem and post are a kit together

Rudy's swing with Marzocchi damper unit >>>

7610977076_b1aac580b4_b.jpg

Marzocchi XC400 forks >>>

7610986742_71be9632ca_c.jpg

Under this link a review of the Rudy Project Downhill.

So very cool! I missed this post.

Very cool frame, especialy the linked red one is great!
When I saw this frame some years go first (especial the green Sintesi Bromont in 1995 Sintesi catalogue), I searched for it a while.
In the meanwhile I have a 2 of it, one with a silver/green Sintesi frame with a green rear-wheel swing and a Kona frame with a red swing.
Unfortunately the green one is a little to small and the green eloxal is faded by sun and I never never find the right ideas and time to rebuild it :-/

Re:

OMG as a fan of Purple I love it........... its totally awesome

its like coming across a picture of a young Natalie Imbruglia or Gail Porter before she lost her hair
I just can't stop looking at it

Thanks guys. They look good and they ride well. For a Dutch mag I wrote an article on them. I will put up some pics.

Back