1996 Litespeed Hiwassee (brake bosses?)

shamobius

BoTM Winner
Looking for some info here. I recently acquired a 19.5" 1996 Hiwassee frame. It was a short lived model (2 years production) specc'ed with cheaper parts and oddly painted yellow (why?). Its no longer yellow...

At any rate it arrived with only one brake boss. I am wondering if anyone knows where to source these threaded bosses. They have a very coarse thread (16-17 tpi), and are 1 3/8" (35mm) long. Are they M10s perhaps?

Any and all help is appreciate

I recently bought these for my Chameleon resto - not sure whether I bought the 10mm or 8mm ones as I can't access my history at the mo' but a quick Google should tell you which size for frame bosses and which for forks :) http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=38142950 ... 0587019864

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

How strange for somebody to paint a sanvik titanium frame yellow like that :facepalm:

Maybe it was to disguise its identity, ive seen a kona hei hei wrapped in black duct tape, which is crazy but if it prevents it from being stolen then.....

Even stranger is the fact that Litespeed powder coated them that colour themselves! Also, I am pretty sure Litespeed did their own welding, not Sandvik.

Re:

Blasphemy! I thought those bullet style chainstays were sandvik, but im happy to stand corrected :LOL:

Seems an interesting build, looking forward to see how this one turns out :)

Back