Macretro bikers 'Touching the void' Up the Misty law.

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
What follows is documented evidence of 3 intrepid retrobikers scaling the summit of Misty law. The ascent was to be completed old school and proper retro sans oxygen. After rendezvous it was realised that some eedjit had brought road shoes and forgotten his camelback bladder, a very handy bike sale at the base camp dealt with the technical difficulties.

2895693437_24e5f3ac0c.jpg

2895693473_72c40809f9.jpg

2895693487_31a2d9820d.jpg

orange71":1fy3u4b5 said:
Not very misty :LOL:

There was a period of about 4 mins of mist, unfortunately through fear we failed to record the phenomenonmeno.

Looks like a great day out was had...sad I missed it :( but GOOD LORD Gazz! what the hell man? you finally get a bike with proper bars and you go and stick bar ends on them...dear oh dear oh dear.... :LOL:. Lookin' forward to seein' the SS in the flesh...so to speak.

It was great, hard going at times but worth the effort :cool: , got to enjoy the water splashes too, once you have gone through the first few deep ones you dont give a toss :D , there was one huge one that would probably have been up to my shoulders though :shock: , gave that one a miss even though Gazz bribed me with a pork pie to have a go :LOL:

Gazz's SS is nice :cool: , would love it as a commuter if it was my size.

twas a great day out, quite a tough climb wot with the bogs, scree, water obstacles and thankfully the mist stayed away.

Never mind the bar ends AC I'm more :oops: by the james may mullet.

I needed the bar ends on the climbs TBH, SS is a bit harder than I thought- constantly on the cusp of falling over on the steep bits but there is a great deal of satisfaction when you get over the brow.

Loved the two proper retro GT bikes and you can rest assured Velo, Kaisers bike was very dirty by by the end of the day :LOL:

Gaz, you went cycling with Kaiser using a bike with risers and bar ends and he let you live :shock: :shock:

Anywho, on Saturday 11th October I have got to be in Peebles for a friends wedding reception in the evening and thus a pre reception Glentress visit will probably need to occur. I mean it would almost be rude not to !!!!!

Anyone care to join me :D

Probably rain............. :(

Sorry velo, just came across your post- afraid I cannot do this sat. off to ma sisters in sunny port glasgow for my sins :? Have a great day out, hope it stays dry for you.

The place down Jedburgh looks very interesting might be a cool macretro meet after the Coo event?

Latest posts

Back