Santana Moda

thekidmalone

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello everyone,

Here is a frame/fork/stem which I saved from the local bicycle coop, just before it was scheduled to be scrapped. I love Columbus Max and fillet-brazed construction, so once the price dropped, there was no question that I would grab it.

It shows signs of having been used as either a messenger bike or train station commuter, as there are multiple dents on the sides of the top and down tubes which suggest that a U-Lock was responsible.

The bike was originally sold by Cycle Shark in Zürich, and fittingly, Pete also sold me the grips which I used in this build. Now, I just need to get a fresh chain stay protector sticker from him to finish it off.

Enjoy!

The Kid

Attachments

• MF.jpg
    MF.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 636
  • MP.jpg
    MP.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 636
  • MR.jpg
    MR.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 636
Beauuuutiful :cool:

I need a 16" please

Re:

Yeah an absolute winner that mate.

al.

:D :D

You will love riding it! The fillet brazed Modas are finely crafted and detailed. It looks to be in nice original condition, congrats on your find. What is the serial number, if you don't mind sharing?

Re:

SNF3108A_280_427890a.jpg

Re:

Thanks for the kind words.

The serial number is KSM152.

This Moda has oversized (1 1/8") fork, headset and stem. Most I have seen are 1". OS suggests later production, but fillet-brazed construction suggests earlier, if I understand correctly. Anyone else seen one with this combination?

Finally, for the detail-oriented among you, did you see the period correct carbon fibre parts, hidden in plain sight?

Cheers,
The Kid

Back