Karakoram Kommuter

Nice bike.....I have the two little brother of 96' (Borrego Black and Tequesta with flamming Yellow on black frame) ;)

Cheers guys :D , velo stumpie still coming along, this was a wee side project :roll: and especially for you a dirty picture :LOL: (okay it did get a lot dirtier)

2895693481_8478a46fdb_b.jpg

And dirtier still. As a game can anyone spot a retrobiker hiding in this picture?

2898550091_7da0a42ef2_b.jpg

guybe":1vg9tuz5 said:
kaiser":1vg9tuz5 said:
And dirtier still. As a game can anyone spot a retrobiker hiding in this picture?

'clockworkgazz'?

Correct :D thats him on the right of the tree with his handbag :LOL:

hmm

just started my Avanlanche project ver 2 today, borrowed that same fork from a friend, Judy c isn't it? should be the same height as a SID 80mm?

Re: hmm

captain8track":217u5hxf said:
just started my Avanlanche project ver 2 today, borrowed that same fork from a friend, Judy c isn't it? should be the same height as a SID 80mm?

TBH I'm not too sure :oops: it came with the frame and the only decals it had were the RS ones you see and some big malteser ones??

Re: well

captain8track":1ywg9x3l said:
it must be the same, Judy C mine has alu steer tube, but it's kind of heavy. Does the geometry feel ok on yours?

Yeah its good, a bit floaty maybe(very slightly)on the climbs, but nothing to worry about on the downs. Not that I was going that fast anyway :roll:

hmm

that sounds good, I just buffed up the one that I borrowed, looks nice.

I've been offered two forks one Manitou Skareb 80mm's black discs only, and one Sid Wc 80mm's in silver with V and Disc fittings. A black fork would look great on the satin black Avalanche but I'm a bit concerned that the Skareb is a lot higher, compared to the Sid.

Also Rock Shox feels a bit more GT then Manitou... And if I go for a silver fork I could go with a silver finnishing kit? like a silver thomson post and silver wheels and XT V's?

Back