1994 Fat Chance Buck Shaver #61B4M - Finished

Well if it rides half as good as it looks than it will feel absolutely amazing and i'm feeling jealous just looking at it :eek: ..

Nice build, my Buck shares a lot of similar components. As far as the rear brake cable routing goes, I had a similar issue big arc loads of friction. I ended up running it from the frame cable stop and under the mount arm to the cable stop. Hope that makes sense to you.
This will require less housing and friction

Edit. Sorry realized you were using a different cable stop.

Muddy paw":3cmt45k0 said:
Well if it rides half as good as it looks than it will feel absolutely amazing and i'm feeling jealous just looking at it :eek: ..

Thanks fella, will take it round Bedgebury tomorrow (my local xc trail) and see how it goes!

chefmiguel":c258ncko said:
Nice build, my Buck shares a lot of similar components. As far as the rear brake cable routing goes, I had a similar issue big arc loads of friction. I ended up running it from the frame cable stop and under the mount arm to the cable stop. Hope that makes sense to you.
This will require less housing and friction

Edit. Sorry realized you were using a different cable stop.

No worries, the routing isn't brilliant so need to work out a solution but for now it's the only way me or my LBS could get it to function effectively....will see what the recommendations are!

Thanks for the comments

Don't forget to take some pics while your out their mate so we can all admire it where it belongs lol ;) ..

So, been a while since I've been on the forum, for various reasons but now I'm back looking for a new build but need to sell this one to fund it.

I am going to be splitting this shortly and selling up to fund a new project. Hope there will be some interest, especially the Syncros cranks with ti bolts :)

Anyway keep an eye on the for sale forum.

sparkiegaz":3b92yazh said:
Seems a shame to sale her feller,,loverly bike ,,so what's next

Yep it is...only way I can fund my next one. Either an Alpinestars (various reasons why) or a Ti Orange...again many nostalgic reasons why! Aren't they all!

Back