before and after

I managed to jam my thumb into a bench saw last year.made right mess.took months to heal and cost me sensation from the knuckle to the tip.went right thru the glove in a heartbeat,stopped the blade dead it did.luckily I missed slicing the thumb off.the nurse pulled out a strip of glove 3 inches long from the wound.I really shouldn't be near power tools to be honest.. :facepalm:

Attachments

• 20160714_131716.jpg
    20160714_131716.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 632
Gloves are a bad idea, as are sleeves. Bare hands and sleeves rolled up beyond the elbows.

Many moons ago i did a course on machine engineering and part of the course was HSE. Gloves and sleeves get caught up in the tooling and will usually pull you into the tooling which is usually moving at 8000rpm with 3-5hp behind it. You get the pics of what happens in full red and gory detail, with is a good lesson in itself :LOL:
It would mean the difference between losing a finger or two or losing the whole limb, which happens obviously, even with home use powertools.

A simple chisel. A simple lock fitting ive done many many times.

This time was special :LOL:

Attachments

• Fitting a door lock 004 (Custom).JPG
    Fitting a door lock 004 (Custom).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 630
jesus kriste...my y god that looks orrid....on a plus side its good to see that ya chisels are nice and sharp...its got so bad here with my luck to date that the wife to be has just ordered a pile of steri strips and medic tape as we have run out...oops.

dyna-ti":2svzb69y said:
Gloves are a bad idea, as are sleeves. Bare hands and sleeves rolled up beyond the elbows.

Many moons ago i did a course on machine engineering and part of the course was HSE. Gloves and sleeves get caught up in the tooling and will usually pull you into the tooling which is usually moving at 8000rpm with 3-5hp behind it. You get the pics of what happens in full red and gory detail, with is a good lesson in itself :LOL:
It would mean the difference between losing a finger or two or losing the whole limb, which happens obviously, even with home use powertools.

Agreed, I used to work supervising a machine shop: no watches, rings or anything else on hands / wrists. Hair tied back. We also insisted on jackets either secured or removed and belts buckled at the back so no loose end to flap or catch.

Re:

Some recent additions....nice saw blades from omas,quality delta chop saw and a much better upright band saw ....got the blades thrown in free...brand new and unused.turns out omas blades cost more than the chopsaw and band saw put together so I did really well.me happy

Attachments

• IMG_20160719_113439.jpg
    IMG_20160719_113439.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_20160719_113415.jpg
    IMG_20160719_113415.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_20160719_113343.jpg
    IMG_20160719_113343.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 603
Im not sure thats the best placement for the power cord off the chop saw :?

:p
:LOL:
Havent used the Omas, but their reputation is known. I picked up a couple of neg rake 80T Trend industrial blades for my crosscutter. Doubt ill ever use the 2nd one, but £15 for a £175 blade i felt i needed the two they had.

Are you going to plumb in a small sink ? You can run it off the garden tap with a hose. Access to water is a must and its actually something most overlook.

Re:

no sink in this fella...the house is very close and theres an outside tap already.the chop saw cuts thru oak like its not there so i very happy with it.got a new blade this morning for the bandsaw and it now cuts nice and straight.all thats left is making my camera cabinet thingy so i can clear the coffee table of my dslrs ive accumulated... :oops:

Back