Shimano Uniglide 7 Speed?

Markone

Retro Guru
Hello,
I have just acquired a 1989 Raleigh Elix which overall is in pretty good shape the only fault being a worn smallest cog on the 7 speed rear cassette!

I have discovered that Uniglide cassettes are like the proverbial rocking horse unmentionable!

So what to do? I will be grateful to hear any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Have a look at the end, does it have both internal and external threads to keep a small cog on?

Shaun

By far the simplest solution is to buy an HG freehub body and fit it. As said, if it has the internal thread you will be in luck and need to do nothing - but usually cannot fit a top gear smaller than 12T.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I now have the parts I need to have the bike running and appearing the way I want it to with the exception of the frame, which is blemished in places over its light blue original finish.

Should I keep the bike as original as possible or have the frame powder coated in the same colour as the original?

Advice please!

Keep it as it is!
Also, in case of another situation with a uniglide, only 7 speeds are hens' teeth, the 6 speeds aren't so rare, and the smallest cog is the one that holds it on so just get a 6 speed and swap the smallest cogs over.

Back