Adventure Components cranks

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
Thought I'd see if anyone else knows anything about them seeing as I haven't seen them before! They arrived today from the states, and are in pretty damn good condition - few minor scuffs, but no cracks or anything, and the tapers are in very good condition. Weigh in at 499g for the pair including spider - light or not?

0e_1_b.JPG

Anyone?

Didn't Steve Peat use these back in the day? They were fairly popular from what I remember anyway... I won a set on eBay not long ago, but the g1t never answered my e-mails. Not surprising for about £2, but I'd have paid more!

500g is pretty light, about 400g is the real light stuff I think...

I think they were linked to GT , so that is why Steve peat used them .

they are really nice .

they made M950 bottom bracket compatible cranks as well, & as yet curly hasnt managed to break them ;)

Once I won a XTR DH chainring FOR $ 0,01. He wanted to screw me with shipping cost over 15 dollar. I had to pay 10 dollar extra to him, because 2 dollar shipping to NL was unacceptable he said.
But something went wrong and paypal send me the 10 dollar back. :D

Well.... A racer guy had them on a ti DBR. He raced them on one year then handed them to another racer guy who raced them for another year (talking about guys who used to win races, not weekend warriors). Then they were passed to a friend of mine who raced them for two-three seasons. I got them and used them for racing (I don't win races, though) and then passed them on my freeride bike. Now they are resting in my friend's garage, but they could be used again.

Quite tuff, ain't they?

Back