1995 Mantis Pro Floater - The project begins!

Mr. Zero

Senior Retro Guru
It was starting to seem like I was crashing Mr K's Pro Floater thread, so here's the official thread for what I hope to be a short-term rebuild of my 1995 Mantis Pro Floater. I intend to start getting it together in the next week or so, but for now here are a few before and after pics of the frame restoration thus far.

Not sure when this pic was taken, but here's a shot of the bike complete that I found on the Mantis registry:

main.php

By the time I grabbed it off of eBay (and out from under B3 :twisted: ) it was looking pretty tattered:

main.php

...and here it is just back from professional polishing and a fresh powder coat with matching RS Judy lowers:

main.php

Mr. Zero":152u0jkz said:
By the time I grabbed it off of eBay (and out from under B3 :twisted: ) it was looking pretty tattered:

$3 dagnamit!!!!! :evil:

Still, it's in the perfect colour match for my Flying V :D ......if you ever wish to pass it on ;)

Yes, it seems Jason & myself have a simliar taste in bikes, it's just a shame we need the same size frames, now if he was a giant like MrK.................

:LOL:

Polished silver and green its a dead lovely combo :cool: . Going to watch this beauty standing on its own legs... I mean wheels ;) .

Hey, i've just noticed it's got a piggyback Noleen shock! Now that's cool. :cool:

Well, so much for "short-term". The frame and parts are sitting on my kitchen table in pretty much the same state of (dis)assembly as pictured above and next week I'm off to Japan for a month :roll: . I'll do my best to get it together upon my return in November and post some pics then.

Back