Works in progress....be gentle.

Re: pics

Grannygrinder":3ocxdpwm said:
Rocky mountain has Manitou Mars Elite forks(light and cheap),TA specialities BB,Deore DX chainset,Longcage 105 rearmech,FSA headset,Specialized bars,marin lite stem,Deore DX thumbies,ules grips,Old specialized hardrock levers and some dodgy shimano copy canti's bought of the bay for £3.50.
Please give me some feedback as its nice to know what people think even if you don't like them.
If that bike were mine (and maybe it would be if it was my size!), the first thing I would do would be to get rid of those awful modern decals and see if Gil_M could make up some authentic ones. The bike that Bagpipes highlighted in your other thread looked soooo much better, and I'd say that you'd enhance the value of the frame by more than the cost of the decals.

BTW, if you now accept that it's an Equipe, it seems from the brochure that the Equipe was basically the same frame as the Blizzard that year, slightly different geometry, but same Tange Prestige tubeset and same weight (and a bit lighter than the Hammer).

I understand your point Anthony but the frame not mint by a long stretch,I'd have to strip it, do the stickers then laquer it to do a proper job. I might just take the stickers of completely and put a few '?' on in strategic places,let people try and work it out!

Back