Works in progress....be gentle.

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here are my 2 current works in progress. The orange is a steel prestige(i think)currently in comuting guise due to its 'fragile' seat tube.
Rocky mountain is 'we' believe a Hammer(maybe).
Both are built up using mostly bits sourced from the forum.
Haven't managed to ride either yet due to lack of chains and cables

Attachments

• my bikes 1.jpg
    my bikes 1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,962
More

Why can I only attach 1 photo at a time? Apart from being incompetant at a computer!

Attachments

• orange small 1.jpg
    orange small 1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,960
Last one!For now.

Hope you like them..be gentle its my first time!!!!!

Attachments

• rocky 1.jpg
    rocky 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,957
pics

More pics. Just twigged how to upload multiple pics so takin full advantage.
Orange currently has P7 forks, Ritchey logic 1"threaded headset,RaceFace cranks, Shimano un52 bottom bracket,DiaCompe 747 'v's and levers,fizik cow skin saddle,new(cheap)ITM seatpost,Deore DX thumbies,Ritcyey wcs bars,orange stem,onza ules grips an my rather ropey old araya wheels from my old Hardrock.
Rocky mountain has Manitou Mars Elite forks(light and cheap),TA specialities BB,Deore DX chainset,Longcage 105 rearmech,FSA headset,Specialized bars,marin lite stem,Deore DX thumbies,ules grips,Old specialized hardrock levers and some dodgy shimano copy canti's bought of the bay for £3.50.
Please give me some feedback as its nice to know what people think even if you don't like them.

Attachments

• rocky 6.jpg
    rocky 6.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,911
  • rocky 5.jpg
    rocky 5.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,911
  • rocky 4.jpg
    rocky 4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,911
  • prestige 2.jpg
    prestige 2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,911
i really like the angle of attack on that rocky, looks fast yet comfortable due to your component choice.

some well thought out bikes you got there.

Ta.

Cheers James. Initially I tried fitting a road chainset to the orange as i'm going to use it to commute,but it was nearly as big as the frame!

Please give me some feedback as its nice to know what people think even if you don't like them.

OK......that Rocky looks mean, but give it some bar-ends and a Flite.....then it'll look really fast :cool:

jango":psxade11 said:

OK......that Rocky looks mean, but give it some bar-ends and a Flite.....then it'll look really fast :cool:

Agreed on the Flite but I like the look with the really low stem and no barends. Orange is looking sweet too :D

jango":23k9fxwe said:

Sorry guys but i'm not adding weight to the Rocky,thats a ti railed Fizik Aliantes, it weighs nowt and cost me a fiver! Cheers for the input.

Back