1992 GT Zaskar LE - Updated 14/3

Would not something like Manitou forks be about right for the year ?
Think personally they would look rather good although perhaps not the best for riding as some later RS ones.

All depends on what you want from it and for useability the conversion to ahead would probably be a good idea for a better range of forks

Decisions,decisions :)

I'd be tempted to keep the RST's on it if they are working ok, they look great with the blue USE post.

A set of blue USE bars would finish it off a treat :cool:, i'd be tempted to go for the early (correct) style stickers on it too.

I'm also going for a blue/polished build on my AMP.

Great stuff though Pickle, pleased to see you got what you wanted in the end ;)

Thanks for the comments guys! :D

Just found this NOS Zoom stem in my LBS; 1" 1/8, 130mm, zero rise.....perfect :cool: I know I said I'd wait, but hey, its lovely IMO ;)

Attachments

• Zoom.JPG
    Zoom.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,238
To be honest I reckon it deserves nicer than that zoom stem. Syncros/ A-TAC, something like that?

If you're sticking with the post then I agree that blue USE bars would be good.

It's too nice a bike to compromise on parts - I'd only change stuff if your going to put something better/more fitting on it. The slightly off silver of the zoom stem doesn't work with the polished Ali either.

lovely bike though.

Si F

LongboardSi":1vght5tx said:
It's too nice a bike to compromise on parts - I'd only change stuff if your going to put something better/more fitting on it. The slightly off silver of the zoom stem doesn't work with the polished Ali either.

I have to agree.. An early Zaskar with full M900 deserves the best you can find. If you get it right it will get my vote for BOTM.. but it takes time! You have your dream bike, now get on ebay and fit it with your dream parts.. that zoom stem was standard on my Altus A10 equiped Diamondback Ascent!! I don't want to see a half build up for October BOTM.. common Pickle do that Zaskar proud!!! ;) :D

Nice :cool:

A few tweaks and it'll be perfect. Those forks look a little tall for the frame. and are RST.

I'm going to refurbish the Mag21's for it, so hopefully I'll have them back on again in a week or so ;)

:shock:

Got the Mag21's sanded and painted today!

Fresh stickers will be applied in the morning, and they will go back on :cool:

Anyone fancy a set of RST's? :LOL:

Mags on, seatpost and bottle cage changed as there is less blue on it now.

Still haven't ridden it in anger yet :(

Attachments

• zaskar4.JPG
    zaskar4.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,124
  • zaskar3.JPG
    zaskar3.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,124
  • zaskar2.JPG
    zaskar2.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,124
  • zaskar1.JPG