Project Zaskar updated 7/10/08 with some weird french stuff!

Should the RS forks be resprayed gold or black

• original gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black to go with build

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Got some new parts in for the Zaskar LE-

NOS syncros Seatpost (black)
Black Hope Seat Clamp
NOS Mag 21's (hiding in some guy in australias cellar!!)
NOS syncros Cattlehead (black)(non hinged)
NOS syncros Prohorn Barends (Black)
Black machine tech hubset

thats it for now!! - just waiting for it all to arrive and will build it up

need some syncros cranks in black and hadlebars in silver!!!!

This was going to be a hack bike because of the condition it was in but when it got polished up and restickered it was just too nice to build like that!! :LOL: :oops:

new pics - yes i know the stem stack is too high as is the seatpost and the wheels are not the ones going on it but i wanted to see what it looked like!!

Attachments

• www.yah 001.JPG
    www.yah 001.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,150
  • www.yah 002.JPG
    www.yah 002.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,150
  • www.yah 003.JPG
    www.yah 003.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,150
  • www.yah 004.JPG
    www.yah 004.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,150
polishing

I painted my Avalanche Le 98 White, now I'm having second thoughts, should I get some "paint stripper" (the paint job is made with spraycans and probarly will fall just of) and then use autosol? The problem is that the Avalanche isn't polished it's more grey. And when if I get a shiny look. How do u protect it? should it be polished and then clear coated?

Have tried it with a 100mm's Manitou Skareb fork, be warned they do not handle good with higher forks! not at all... but I'm thinking of slamming an 80mm's skareb on it think that would do the trick!

strip the paint and then polish it with autosol - should come up very nicely!! I'm keeping the mag 21's on but having them sprayed black to go with the overall colour scheme of the bike. just need some nice black rims and spokes!!

well

I talked this over with a friend who said that this will be a forever job. He showed of a bmx that he painted satin black, and it was really cool... So I'm acctually thinking about doing this and combine it with some old school grey XTR and other bits. Want to keep it simple with V-brakes and 80mm's fork. Just have to get some new wheels for it to, How about the Crosslands? fairly cheap and seems to be reliable? Think it could be a great looking ride both with a rigid and a suspension fork if I just keep to the colour coding... I really like how the GT feels in the woods, with the right fork my little 16" could be a Retro XC stormer!

So my Poison Zyankali is going to be a Single Speeder with my Chris King wheelset, Race Face cranks, BB7's and an Skareb 100mm's up front.

Well guys - the rs mags need respraying cos the laquer is coming off the magnesium.......

i have some original rs decals and some original mag21 decals but which colour!!!

gold is the original colour so should i stick with that or move to a high gloss black colour to match the black/silver build

the crown of the forks is now high polished so i am thinking gloss black but i want to know what you guys think

I'd keep them gold.

Just because there were so many Quadra 5s and Indys in black in the mid/late 90s and making them look like them'd 'cheapen' them by association. You see a skinny fork in gold and you know they're Mag21s... just my 2 cents worth.

I know it isn't as 'safe' as polishing aluminium (or paining it) but have you considered stripping the paint of the lowers and polishing up the magnesium? I remember seeing a set of Judys that someone had done this to BITD and it looked quite special.

Does that say 'BLEM' on the dropout?

003_740.jpg

Back