Riding with a cold?

Wu-Tangled":37w1uh81 said:
TDF riders appear to fear colds the most, in case they develop bronchitis.

I take at least a week off when I've got a cold for exactly that reason, although I have asthma too which doesn't help when lungs are concerned.

I just got a cold 2 days ago. Sucks. I have the Vermont 50 this sunday to look forward too. So 50 miles almost 9000 feet of elevation, and two days of tropical storm rain to make the trails all mud. all w/ a cold. Should be fun. I'm just takig it easy and not riding the next 2 days, I did a 2 hour night ride yesterday as a test and felt fine after 15 minutes of pedaling. However this morning I felt like $hit.

Wu-Tangled":1hqlb9kv said:
TDF riders appear to fear colds the most, in case they develop bronchitis....

But don't they use strange anglosised phrases for things like this, ie. Bronchitis = chesty cough, haematoma = bruise, coagulation = scab

In the TDF they stuff newspapers up there shirts to prevent a chill on fast descents 'to prevent bronchitis' AFAIK bronchitis is caused by viruses or bacteria

Well it's to late now, cars all loaded up now.
The cold is just in my nose, nothing on my chest at all. So i hope i will be alright.
If not then Tony will have to ride the rest on his own :LOL:

Pickle, D2D should be flat in comparison to Cheddar, also i'm only going to be doing about 3 laps what with being in a team of 4 so should be fine.

heathy":3s0tbykx said:
MadCowKev":3s0tbykx said:
Heathy - the team doc will sort you out with some pharms for D2D ;)

Cheers Doc, maybe you could get Becky and her girls to be team massage ;)

heh, my wife sometimes reads this forum :shock: Scary small world though mate!

Back