Store in a cool dry place....

Re:

Hee hee, haven't opened a slightly past it's best can of worms here, have I...? :LOL:

Thanks for the info on crisps packets, makes sense to me now, I'll keep them cool and dry as instructed. Can't stand Marmite so we're safe there for definite....

Re:

I'm definitely past my sell by date. Slowly rotting away, under a pile of bike bits! Lol!

Not sure about nuts, ( other than the obvious! ) but I do normally contain bisuits and cake!

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2v3rb7hi said:
Sell by or best before dates on Bottled water ?
I worked for a bottled water company for several years and got this a few times.Water,like any other foodstuff,if not stored properly will start to turn.That is why all bottle fed water coolers are always stored in a place away from a direct light source or heat and with a "sock" type cover over the bottle.

Re:

Making a 'time capsule' of iconic foodstuff's is quite a good thing to do; Heinz beans, Spice Girls crisps, 'New!' Pot Noodle etc ..but chocolate bars need to be kept in the fridge - ours melted flat, and then got infested. D'oh! :facepalm:

Re:

You left a chocolate bar to get infested :facepalm:
Mine never get near the fridge :D along with biscuit s
Have a go at stroopwafels next time your in tescos;;;;

You can't beat a sweaty succulent pepperami. They oooze when you bite them. I have one in my lunch a couple of days a week and by mid-day it's nicely fermented. Heaven.

kenaltobelli":1ffppzmf said:
You left a chocolate bar to get infested :facepalm:
;;;

There should be a law against that! :LOL: :LOL:

Mine barely see the house :roll: :facepalm:

ferrus":1otp4i7r said:
Making a 'time capsule' of iconic foodstuff's is quite a good thing to do; Heinz beans, Spice Girls crisps, 'New!' Pot Noodle etc ..but chocolate bars need to be kept in the fridge - ours melted flat, and then got infested. D'oh! :facepalm:

On a trip to India, our small tour group had been suffering the complete lack of UK choccy.
We found at one of the attractions(Elephant sanctuary) the 'cafe' had a box of mars bars so between the 7 of us we bought the lot.
It was clear upon opening the packet they had been through several major temperature changes and were possibly a good few years beyond their sell-by date, given most were multi-coloured :shock:

Ate them :cool: They were fab :D

Back