Top gear

Re:

Watched some myself recently and (although it only amounted to about 15mins) I was skipping Evans parts. Shouty and not really trying to take the program in a different direction. Almost like he's got a chip in his shoulder from an attitude about the shows predecessor. The other members are being themselves and just enjoying it for what it is, a great job with some bloody good perks.
I wish they'd changed more about the program though. I didn't like Jez, James and the little one, I just tolerated them.

Well I put my prejudices away and watched the latest episode - god it is bad. The only redeeming feature is Matt Leblanc who to my surprise is very good. But where is Sabine? Seems to me she has already done a runner to Fifth Gear or was I watching a re-run?

I watched a plastic green and black car made out of old bits of Volvo/Ford drive around a bit and switched over to repeats of The Big Bang Theory on E4 instead.

I watched a few of the new line up and tbh I just found myself wondering if I should buy a firestick to get whatever Clarkson and co were going to be doing on Amazon TV (assuming they were). I did wonder if the problem was more that they've re-targetted Top Gear at a younger audience now hence I just didn't get it anymore. The producers texting Chris in the car and so on - just seemed a bit, "hey we've updated it for the 'kids' ".

Thinking of old Top Gear - I remember some of the quality reviews like Michelle Newman (no relation) reviewing a Ferrari and complaining that you couldn't drive it in heels very well or fit the shopping in the boot (facepalm) - to be fair to her they were trying to see if they were practical town cars, I think.

Re:

We all know that how much fun a vehicle is inversely proportional to the number of cup holders and wheels. That's why we ride bicycles isn't it?

And if you prefer something motorised, as far as I know, no car yet lets you get your knee down, let alone your elbow. :shock:

2015-ducati-panigale-1299-r-s-2.jpg

I'll be honest, when I had motorcycles, the nearest my knees came to tarmac was kneeling on the driveway to adjust the chain. :oops:

Back