Riding with a cold?

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have just caught a bloody head cold from someone at work :evil:

Normally i wouldn't bother asking but... I'm racing at the cheddar bike fest this Sat and it's a 10 hr race.

Now the question is this, can you ride with a head cold :?: Or will i be likely to damage myself more :?: Or would it be good to sweat it out :?:

When I used to race, I had a coach who ALWAYS made me take at least 3 days off the bike TOTALLY when I had a cold.

Gives your body time to recover.

If I were you Heathy, stay off the bike, drink loads and take it easy.

always dose me good, good for clearing the sinusis but not sure its good for the people behind you :shock: :LOL:

tintin40":3bjkz90j said:
I'd ride it. and if you don't feel good then stop.

Thats what i was thinking, also i'm in a 2 man team with alwayshorizontal
so really don't want to let him down. afterall this race is the 2nd part of the bike fest series, and we came 2nd @ the Bristol bike fest and was kinda hopeing for a good result ;)

Day Nurse is your friend (over the counter cold capsules)

I did a 2 day race on these once.

Don't be stupid on dosage, obviously (ie: read the packet!) and if you don't feel right, stop.

Having said that, my old rowing coach said that if you felt rough and broke into a sweat walking to the boat house, you were too ill to train. He was right: I was sweating and feverish on the way down [missed a bit out here to preserve decency] and spent the next 2 days pi**ing out of my arse until I got some antibiotics. An experience I hope I never repeat.

TDF riders appear to fear colds the most, in case they develop bronchitis.

See how you feel, but the first sign of feeling lousy - stop. Not worth knocking yourself out for weeks with.

I've just started a cold last night - a week before D2d, rode last night and felt really strong. As soon as I got home my nose started running :evil:

Dont ride mate......really!

Your effectively kicking yourself when your down.

Sack it off, recharge your body and ride well at D2D.

Latest posts

Back