NOVEMBER 1ST. Forest of dean ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try and make this one too. I enjoyed the Peaks (in a masochistic sort of way) and I like the Forest! I even know a pub that serves Reverend James beer! Will also take the opportunity to collect some chestnuts for Christmas!

daj":1qo0hruz said:
Ed think field of dreams ....

If you build it they will come :D :D

Good point (but are you Costner?).

And then there were 6..... (list of starters updated above).

Hi Guys I hope you like the log in name :)

I have been tasked with guiding you guys round the FOD for the day, don't worry I've enough knowledge to get you round and back safely and can organise a short cut back just after lunch if needed. The pub has a big outdoor eating area undercover so we'll be fine covered in dust :) Reading through the thread there seems to be a few people that have been down before. I will take you on a route which has ups, downs, flats and some of the best natural singletrack I've ridden in the UK. No climbs will be unclimbable and no downs will be unrideable and its all walkable :) I've done everything in the FOD on a SS so if you've gears then you'll be OK. I plan on getting you guys to enjoy the ride and have a good day out so you can set the pace I'll just give instructions on where to turn and inform you of any possible dangers/obsticals in the way. I'm also a photographer so can also help you out with shots and the best place to get the shots.

One last thing there is a bunk house at the Fountain Inn @ Parkend if a few of you wanted to stay over or there's a good campsite call Bracelands in Christchurch.

I'll check back once in a while on here so if you've any questions just ask.
Good job you don't want to go on the 15th as I'll be celebrating my birthday at the Real Ale Wobble!!

Just a quick post to show you some of the singletrack you will be riding on the 1st, except the jumps although we will ride past them so if anyone has their jump bikes with them......... :shock:

Looks really great and there'll be a few of us to join in the celebrations at The Wobble too

:D Love the name!!

Great stuff ... Lots of Beer for you on the wobble then as a thank you!!!

What you have planned sounds great I cant wait :D

Decisions

Oh ,i was going to put my name forward for this one but i've just seen how close the date is to TheWobble(which is nearer for me). Can't see me getting out of overtime twice in a fortnight! So which do I do? The Wobble sounds like a right laugh but then i've never ridden in the forest of dean before. Can you help me decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back