All things Orbit

RobMac":2wua94v5 said:
I bought one near the end of the '80's I got it custom painted straight from the factory it was built using 531 I'll need to scan a couple of pics for yous ;)

Missed this post - get the pics up :D

Hi guys, my dad bought an Orbit Gold Medal in late '83 early '84 and we still have the reply to his original enquiry letter dated 29/11/1983. As you can see it was the 'Orbit' range of cycles by Parker Thompson Cycles Ltd, Unit 8, Peartree Ind Estate, Dudley. Hope these are of some use.

Attachments

• Orbit Leaflet.jpg
    Orbit Leaflet.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,977
  • Orbit Letter.jpg
    Orbit Letter.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,977
Finally built this one up, using a Suntour XC9000/XCD groupset. This was Raidan73's previously. I'll be riding it on the Thames path Retroride this Sunday.

That build is pure class Andrew, lovely.

I've been waiting for you to get one of your Orbits built up and posted and now I can see why it's took you so long :cool: .

BTW two Orbits were on show at the Peaks ride the other week, the owners club is growing :D .

Thanks for the nice comments chaps, but the photos are quite flattering! Its fairly well "patinated", but it's built to be used so I'm pretty happy with it.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re:

I've just bought a frontier, the frame number is 724183. I think its 1989/1990 but wondered if the frame number means anything? Cheers!

Re:

The frame numbers don't mean much, and it's probably '88/'89 ish. Show us some decent pictures and check the date codes on the groupset. Nice buy!

Re:

Have started to clean and change a few parts,found a date code of 89 on the rear hub. I've been taking a few photos so will try and get them on here soon. Cheers

Back