1992 GT Zaskar LE - Updated 14/3

Changed the tyres to Schwarble, a vast improvement I think, and have given her a damn good polishing.

I am well happy now :D

Going to spank her on Saturday, cant bloody wait!

Attachments

• Zaskar4.jpg
    Zaskar4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Zaskar3.jpg
    Zaskar3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Zaskar2.jpg
    Zaskar2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Zaskar1.jpg
    Zaskar1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,161
ZASKAR

Looks fantasic !! My favourite GT i was doing work experience in my LBS when the GT rep brought in the 1st version Zaskar i got to ride it around local roads for a while loved it took me till early 2004 to buy one modern kinesis one with sids from another GT employee fastest mtb i have ever ridden :D

sold it later that year to fund my wifes wedding ring :(

Last Sunday outside local Supermarket spotted a Karakoram Yellow fade to red paint original Manitous mega long stem perfect condition should have put a note on it ring me if you want to sell

might try that next time

Super bike oh yellow Judys would look good

Very nice, I am glad you put some blue parts to brighten the bike up, need a few more blue's on it, is there much difference in weight with the other two GT's?

guybe":1pi6or26 said:
Very nice, I am glad you put some blue parts to brighten the bike up, need a few more blue's on it, is there much difference in weight with the other two GT's?

The blue brightens it up a bit, but I dont want to go OTT. Thought about jockeys and chainring bolts, but then I dont want to mess with the 'full' M900 :LOL:

I havent weighed it yet, but its slightly lighter than my Tempest.

yes it is better , but you cant have M900 and RST on same bike , 2 hours work on those Mag21 and they ll be a lot better ;)

cchris2lou":35i37yu6 said:
yes it is better , but you cant have M900 and RST on same bike , 2 hours work on those Mag21 and they ll be a lot better ;)

I think I may give it a go Chris, because at the end of the day, if the Mag21 restoration doesnt work I already have useable forks on the bike! :LOL:

Blue forks look cool- if you're getting the RockShox rresprayed I vote for blue! maybe a blue handlebar (USE?) too??

Looks super cool as is anyway :cool:

Top work fellah, you've finally got one :cool: this must have passed under my radar. I reckon if its a user get a nice set of Judy's in yellow(sl's maybe) would be the daddy and convert to aheadset, get a nice bar and stem combo(not so keen on the massi). Loose a pound or two and increase the usability.

kaiser":2s2ot5bp said:
Top work fellah, you've finally got one :cool: this must have passed under my radar. I reckon if its a user get a nice set of Judy's in yellow(sl's maybe) would be the daddy and convert to aheadset, get a nice bar and stem combo(not so keen on the massi). Loose a pound or two and increase the usability.

Thanks ;)

The Massi bar was a quick buy from my LBS, basically what they had to hand when I went in enabling me to remove the riser! :roll: Going to ride it first before changing the stem though, to check reach/rise etc

Forks, well, we'll see what happens :LOL:

Lookin' better every day.

I've never been a fan of RockShox so I'm going to fly in the face of general opinion and say don't go there. :D

Back