1989 Raleigh Technium Heat

I'll add my tuppence worth:

BITD I had a Technium Heat but it was quite different to this one. I think mine was 1990, and it was white, with Shimano 500LX gear, inc rapidfires with the grey shift levers.

For what it's worth I think I paid somewhere between £400 and £450.

I wonder when Raleigh switched from Shimano to Suntour, and why? And was it across the Technium range or just this model?

Recently I've built another Technium which was a Peak originally I think, all the decals have come off and it's a very 90s mauve colour...

Yours is a lovely bike though, well done. We should have a Technium race!

Oh, and Mombat is right about rear brake cable running externally. It did on mine... made a nice 'ping ping' sound as you ride along... :D

Nice bike fella. :)

A number of the models from the Technium range were brought over to supplement the Nottingham built products.

Dyna-Tech was just around the corner.

Best regards

Technium Heat

Newbie here. My first major purchase in life was this shiny red beauty. Later in life it evolved all the way to include egg beater pedals! It had been on the hood and trunk of cars, on slick rock trail in Moab, on the Mesa trail in Boulder, up Baseline a fe dozen times, stolen and subsequently recovered by a gang in SF, and then two weeks ago, after what I am guessing to be about 50,000 miles on it, was stolen from inside my home. I have surveillance footage of the guy actually taking it and running down the block with it (guess he didnt expect the clip ins) and can not get the cops to express even the slightest interest in the manhunt Ive been advocating. So, I'd be grateful if you all can help a brother out and school me on some of the specs I can not seem to find on line. Wheel size etc? I am distraught and starting to look at, gulp, a replacement bike. Thanks for all info you can provide so I can attempt to recreate the magic the technium was for me! Ride on.

LST (Long Strange Trip)

Back