COOL WALL: "Manitou frameset - Cool or Uncool?"

Is the Manitou frameset cool or uncool?

• Yep - Totally cool! No question about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are ok. Not really bothered or have an opinion...

• Nope! Hate the darn things! Totally uncool!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know, this is a tough one to convince me on...just remember when these hit the scene thinking "That's the best rear suspension they could come up with, what a cop out :? "

Factor in the reliability...def would not feel too "cool" if my pimped out frame broke under me.

So...

sorry Doug, not cool.

r

Uber cool. :cool:

Reliability has nothing to do with cool, & even how it rides isn't really the point! Just look at the thing...

Original Doug version, super cool..later ones prone to cracking...urm..not so :)

Attachments

• Manitou with Doug.jpg
    Manitou with Doug.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,074
Just because they have a high failure rate doesn't effect their coolness. It's an appearence thing, not a reliability contest :LOL:

Cool for sure.

They looked the nuts. Pimped with some nice anodising, as per the picture above they look superb.

Think of it this way, if someone turned up for a ride and said, ' hey I've got this old frame you can have, can you do anything with it, I don't need it' your first thought would be, 'wow, cool' - not 'oh, this might break on me'

:cool:

Blue suits the polished finish so well too.

It all depends on what Cool is for you .

a bike is made to be ridden , and if you cant , to me it is uncool .

I see both points of view.

However if I paid full whack for it and it broke I wouldnt think it was cool at all.

But there again that could happen to anything.

Back