Klein Pulse Sea and Sky

ibisti

Retro Newbie
Klein Pulse Sea and Sky (Custom paint for a Pulse at the time, early 90's)
Ringle stem/bar/seatpost/hubs Blue
Chris KIng headset
Onza HO's on rear/ xt V's on front
XTR rapid rise
xt cranks
easton bars
time pedals
use saddle
White bros sc70's forks
This was my first serious build up from scratch frame so I took my time to spec it how I wanted it. I could not afford the attitude or adroit so went for the pulse with the custom paint instead. Both this an the ibis were from Motorsport in Cranleigh (now beyond Mountain bikes).

Attachments

• klein1.JPG
    klein1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,788
  • klein3.JPG
    klein3.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,787
  • klein4.JPG
    klein4.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,787
  • klein5.JPG
    klein5.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,787
Nice bike!

Dont you think the blue seat/post is a bit too..... ict the front end (just my opinion)?

Well, have fun with this one!

Cheers,
Martin

maybe

At the time I was a bit into the whole colour match thing. Saying that I still feel it looks rather fetching!!

Nice! One don't often see S&S Pulses...love the turquoise Ringlé stuff as well, complement the frame nicely.

Very nice bike, mate. :cool:

If you ask me I would change the following:

- black saddle
- Onza H.O.s also in the front
- Torquise Hyperlite handlebar

Get those risers off Justin, there not retro and I know you,ve got some flats stored away in the retrogrotto somewhere :)

What is it about flite saddles? I always found them ok but not as comfy as the sdg or the use and also the latter are kevlar covered and nice and hardy.
I still have the onza's but the v's gave better stopping back in the day when I changed them over. I know this is not totally retrobike etiquete but they are still prettu old!

Back