lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi all. here is the start of the rebuild of my 1995 fire mountain which i have had from new.

i have had it powder coated in white (next time i am going to use wet paint and do it myself though. for the moist part the paint is great but there are a few areas i am not happy with and as far as i am aware there's nothing i can do to revive them.)

i decided on white before i found this site and discovered white is a pretty popular choice but hey ho, it matches my van!

decals are courtesy of gil_m of course.

forks are pace rc36 pro class. headset is a gold dia compe, badged dia tech.

my mate helped with the install of the forks and sent his mate into the garage to get a stem to hold everything in place. he came back with this beautiful pace stem ( not the one mate 1 was expecting). it is exactly what i was looking for and is now mine for the bargain price of next to nothing! he knows just how greatful i am. the saddle and post are not staying on this bike.

kona.jpg

bottom bracket was losely fitted to protect the threads when it was powdered and will be replaced.

i have a pair of thumbshifters, xt front mech (need a rear), syncros post, flite saddle, curve canti's (need to engineer a cable stop on the forks though), campag stentho rims with xt hubs and a road cassette and a pair of biscuit tioga psycho k's ans a cooks bros rsr chainset all waiting in the wings!

what do you think?

thanbks guys. it has been in my kitchen for the past couple of days and i get a stupid childlike excitement every time i walk past it! cant wait till its finished

lewis1641":12rh26cq said:
thanbks guys. it has been in my kitchen for the past couple of days and i get a stupid childlike excitement every time i walk past it! cant wait till its finished

if thats how it makes you feel your doing something very right :cool:
that makes it worth every penny

rob

well the parts are mounting up as fast as the bank account is draining. everything is going to get cleaned and/or polished before pictures are taken. a quick run down of spec...

frame - 1995/6 fire mountain 18 inch
forks - pace rc36 pro class. wanted rc35 but the gold stantions lookes soo right!
headset - gold anno dia compe
stem - pace
bars - either rc sub 130 or modern but flat azonics (dont know if i can trust an old light bar - i'm a bit of a fatty!)
shifters - deore thummies
levers - curve
saddle - white flite(refurbished)
post - syncros(refurbished)
wheels- campag stentho rims, db spokes, alloy nipples xt hubs road cassette
tyres - biscuit psycho's for show, white/grey for go
skewers - halo bolt up
mechs - xt
cranks - cooks rsr(refurbished)
rings - pace extruder groove 26 36 46
rear brake - curve canti
front brake - ??? want to run the curve but no cable stop on the fork brace!

really excited about getting this beast built!!

Back