ROOX crankset - period info?

wm4wm4

Retro Guru
Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is within the forum rules / etiquette, but I guess it is a bit of free advertising for xcrider's sale thread.

I'm interested in this ROOX crankset as I think it might compliment my green RC200 nicely.

Can anyone give me any more info on this. i see that ROOX still make a similar one, I'm guessing this is around the 2000 mark, so maybe a little late.

RC200 Build Thread:

viewtopic.php?t=233673

xcrider sale thread:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=246383&p=1848779#p1848779

Cheers

Attachments

• roox crank.jpg
    roox crank.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,422
I have a 1996 RooX catalogue with those cranks, so they should match the other parts with no problems.

"7075 T6 aluminum, weight 398g", they say.

That's great, Thanks for that.

Any chance you could get a scan of the corresponding page?

Just for interest. Don't worry if it's too much of a hassle!

Cheers

I always liked roox and these cranks are cool - I remember seeing these mid to late 90's too. Had a roox stem and loved it - seatposts are nice too and both come up on ebay now and again really cheap.

p.s. if you buy it and don't require the Real chain rings, I'd be interested in purchasing them (shameless, pilfering)

Scanned file was too big, but here's a pic:

roox.jpg

Re:

Sorry to bump this old thread. I also have these cool looking cranks. I measured em at 94mm BCD but my brand new TA Specialities rings won't fit due to the weird chunky shape of the crank arms!!!

The middle ring fits so I know for sure its 94mm. Big ring lines up with the holes and would fit if it wasn't for the bloody crank arm's obese shape not cooperating with the shape of the rings!

Has anyone else experienced this problem with these cranks or actually with any cranks? I just presumed the BCD measurement was all I needed to get right

Likewise, I haven't had any problems fitting rings to my set (though they currently only have a single ring fitted).

Has anyone seen those Flintstone editions in real life? Crazy.

Hey guys thanks for your fast response.

In these pictures its my old dodgy SG shimano thing as the big ring, TA fits fine in the middle.

I filed this chainring down ever so slightly around the bolt hole to stop it touching the crank arm. As you can see its very close to touching the crankarm. No chance at all to fit the new TA ring without some more serious filing work which I was dubious about doing to a brand new chainring... Hard to word all this properly I hope you get what I mean

srIZMYw.jpg

GMa8JyQ.jpg

Back