An early heads up for the Real Ale Wobble Nov 15/16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoo hoo we are booked up in a cottage down the road :D

Do they let you fill up the camelbak`s at the stops?? :D :D

I was thinking the same, printed off a application form but its says you can register Friday or Saturday morning which suggests to me there is no limit to riders?

just turn up and ride - as many as you want ;) Last year I booked in advance thinking it would be the shorter queue on the day... how wrong I was! Although it's cheaper to book in advance you may have to queue longer at registration! You can turn up on the day and pay though. Usually there's about 400 or so riders. It's non-competitive, so you see all shapes and sizes of people and bikes!! :LOL:

If you do book in advance it's cheaper to book for one day's riding only - I've never been in the mood for the ride on the second day (Sunday), usually too hungover or tired. Most years we go for sunday lunch in Hereford anyway ;)

Oh and if you want to fill up your camelbak with beer halfway round you can!

Remember it's usually wet and muddy and hilly (remember this is Wales in November :shock: ), so prepare accordingly.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces :D

Sounds like a laugh! Well as long as i can convince SWMBO to give me a weekend pass (yes i am under the thumb) then ill be there witha few work mates. Youll recognise me cos ill be the one dying at the back determined to complete the long course on a SS RC200 even though im unfit.

Im going on the theory that the more i dirink the less ill feel the pain! Think ill be changing my current 44\16 ratio though :roll:

Been roped in to doing this by my brother in law. :shock: See you all there.

Is it doable on a rigid (Ive got no idea what the route is like)?

The route's got everything! Mainly hilly, mainly muddy, mainly wet, with some firetrail thrown in... You get the picture... :D

Rigid? yes doable (ask ededwards), singlespeed if you're very brave.

Not sure what I'll be riding - possibly a large green Fuquay with RC35's on the front (quite distinctive!) - look out for me!

Would be good if we could all meet up at some point - be it at registration, beer checkpoint mid-route or pub afterwards. Perhaps we can have a think about this closer to the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back