Hypothetically Speaking...Non-retro disc help...

FairfaxPat":wsqca0lj said:
When I have the wheels off my modern bike I put beer coasters in the gap between the pads.
Yup, anything to space the pads whilst the wheels are off is a very good idea, say a 2p piece taped in, a chunk of clean cardboard, anything really, just so long as it's clean & oil/grease free ;)

USE Alien T clamps (bit he seat clamps into) are surprisingly useful on certain models of Hope brakes when bleeding

Somehow my mate managed to not do up his QR properly on one of his first rides out, when he got to a log the wheel fell out of the dropouts and he grabbed the brake. Not using discs myself and with no multitool around I was quite pleased with myself for attacking it with some expired credit cards/student cards/library cards. Didn't open it up completely but it was good enough to get the wheel in and make it rideable.

<Unneccessarily antagonistic mode>
Yet another reason why I think Avid BB7s are better than hydraulic brakes for on a bicycle.
</Unneccessarily antagonistic mode>

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just got a BB7 front for my Kona, fitting it tonight. Ironically, I will have to watch out as I will be swapping wheels between the Kona and the Tomac and I would hate to cause this problem while doing so...

Back