Mercian Olympic value

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Hi again im thinking of buying the below Mercian bike, but can anybody help me with the model/year and value of the bike, it has Shimano RX100 running gear, wobbler wheels and looks in great condition.

Any comments and ideas welcome

Thanks Neil

mercian1.jpg

mercian4.jpg

mercian3.jpg

mercian2.jpg

Hi Neil,
this appears to be very similar to my Mercian Audax, if so the frame number is on the bottom bracket and the last two numbers indicate year of manufacture ie 12396 is frame 123 of 96. Give Mercian a call with the frame number there always happy to help. Value????? cheers Bill

negaultra7":3mrtcvqg said:
Would you say £230 is a fair price for the bike?

Neil
Tempted to buy it myself at that price!!

Running gear low end, but the frame is a Mercian and looks good condition. Bargain.

To determine a original Mercian, should there be a 5 digit stamp on the bottom bracket the last 2 digits confirming the year, if the bike does not have any stamp should they be avoided? :?

thanks Neil

negaultra7":ok0dhf2a said:
To determine a original Mercian, should there be a 5 digit stamp on the bottom bracket the last 2 digits confirming the year, if the bike does not have any stamp should they be avoided? :?

thanks Neil

Is this correct? is it true that a true Mercian is stamped on the BB?

This is a weird post Neil :) as that is your own answer your questioning, though it was nearly three years ago :) :)

As far as I know they are usually stamped on the BB but I heard of one, that was on here from memory, that had the stamping on the rear drop out. It matched the number on the fork as well, so no reason to doubt it. My King Of Mercia is stamped on the BB.

Jamie

Back