Arguably finished!

Ajoten

Old School Hero
a. It's been a long and painful process, but for the first time I've just successfully ridden my "restored" 1982 Peugeot PKN10 without the chain falling off, the wheel getting stuck in the chain stays, gears not engaging, gears not shifting at all etc etc etc. A mighty 1.6 miles!

Many thanks to all the forummers who've helped!

b. My main objective is to take part in the Chiltern Cycling Festival retro ride http://www.chilterncyclingfestival.com/vintage/, although there's no way I will get up Kop Hill with these macho vintage blocks.

Anyone else going?

Attachments

• DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 707
Looks lovely! Great job you've done there and now you have it setup and sorted I'm sure it will repay you with many happy miles for you efforts.

Jamie

After a bit longer ride last night I found my medium toe clips aren't long enough and I'm pedalling on my toes (which appeared to annoy my knees somewhat). So frustratingly not quite there yet.

Not used friction shifters before - interesting how they make me approach gears in a completely different way.

Not to worry to much mate as i'm sure some one can help you out with toe clips in the wanted section on here and friction shifters i use to prefer to indexed and with a little time and patience you'll get the hang of them and find after a while they feel quite good and tbh i actually miss not having them plus they are less fidley when setting them up ..

Re:

Lovely job, well done - who did the paint? Down tube friction shifters do take some practice after the simplicity of brifters. After a bit it becomes second nature. It didn't take me long to find out that Mafac Racer brake levers won't shift the gears a jot! :LOL:

Great looking bike and resto, I'm looking at doing the Chilterns as its only down the road but will be doing the classic ride.

Back