Tamiya RC Cars

Re: Re:

Giom6":12qyhem8 said:
wadsy":12qyhem8 said:
I used to have a Sand Scorcher; sold it to raise funds :roll: ...would really like another, maybe a Rough Rider :cool:

Was that yours Martin? Lovely paint work...

No, 'fraid not, just example pic 'borrowed' from Google images :LOL:

Re:

Looks good anyway :)

Been debating on whether to buy the re release of that one for a while now...

I had the same chassis, just with the F150 body. I think they used the same chassis for the beetle too ? :D

WD :D

magas":8ip3qc3t said:
WD Pro":8ip3qc3t said:
I had the same chassis, just with the F150 body. I think they used the same chassis for the beetle too ? :D

WD :D

As far as I remember in the Tamiya's 80's catalogues they always displayed the entire vehicle and beside it the bare chassis - and the Rough Rider as well as the Sand Scorcher shared the same chassis.

edit: found this to proof that:

http://tamiyabase.com/index.php?option= ... temid=1042

Yep, all the same under the skin!...I had the Rough Rider and truck bodies for my Sand Scorcher! :)

Giom6":1i9z4ciy said:
Looks good anyway :)

Been debating on whether to buy the re release of that one for a while now...

I quite fancy one too! :cool: ...I think you should really put the funds towards a Disc-drive though ;) :LOL:

wadsy":19ex4xzm said:
I used to have a Sand Scorcher; sold it to raise funds :roll: ...would really like another, maybe a Rough Rider :cool:

I had one too :cool: Went on to FG Marder and petrol

Re:

Thanks for the fantastic flashback! Always liked the looks and handling of the Egress
Raced the Sabre and Astute myself with succes (3rd in national championships).

Does anyone remember the good looking but bad performing DynaTech motors???

Ended up after a couple of years with a RC10 Team, fully equiped with Novak and a Reedy Blue Dot motor. Superb!

I have few. Lunchbox, wildone and egress reissues. Enjoyed building and painting them all (box art of course). They all run lipo. The egress runs a 9t brushless and is very fast, too fast for the chassis really. Lunchbox has a 13t mod motor in it and the wildone a tamiya torque tuned motor. They all get used but not abused. That's where the neo scorcher comes in and I also have a cougar sv2 that I have raced at the local club. I've found for electrics hobbyking can't be beaten a d the only reason the lunchbox and wildone haven't gone brushless isn't cost but more down to what the chassis can handle.

Carl

Re:

i still have a couple
traxxas bandit still in the box used about 15 times
vw bettle fwd, the kit you got if you purchased a new bettle
what remains of my old hornet
something i picked up at car boot a full prep race comp car 4wd belt driven with all nosram gear and carbon hop ups but dont know the make although it does say schumacher on the tyres. will try get some pics up

Latest posts

Back