XTR M950 NOS groupset

Sweet components,

I ran 8spd XTR 950 and 951 for many years, I found the original first generation to be slightly better in finish and durability, my first 950 group had more use and lasted longer than my later 951 group, which scuffed quicker etc etc.

The original first generation 950 front mech with the differential plates was superb, but the nickel plating wore off too easily.

I was never a fan of running that 9spd chain-set or 9spd front mech with the 8spd XTR chain back then, I also preferred the original XTR 950 BB which was more like Dura Ace, and thought the later XTR (Ultegra!) type 951 was a rip of in price.
To be Honest though I preferred the Chain-line with a 109mm Dura Ace anyway.

Still want a complete 950 only group myself, mint or NOS preferred, still require a,
Chain-set,
Bottom Bracket maybe?,
Front Mech depending on frame choice?,
F&R V brakes (with the little silver links),
And a single Mavic 217CD 32h rim to build the wheel-set up.

The XTR M950 v-brakes squeezed harder then te 952's because of getting more play. They were less stiff then the later ones.

One of the best things / looks of the M950 group is the rearmech with the normal mounting bolt and not the big hole with the 5 mm allen faraway.

Cheers and thanks you all.
Martin

Martin":163g1k6l said:
The XTR M950 v-brakes squeezed harder then te 952's because of getting more play. They were less stiff then the later ones.

One of the best things / looks of the M950 group is the rearmech with the normal mounting bolt and not the big hole with the 5 mm allen faraway.

Cheers and thanks you all.
Martin

the rear mech has the S(uper)S(hort) cage. nice!

Carsten

Back