Auction Snipers?

daj":3571gyss said:
But if you end up wishing you'd have had time to bid higher, then surely you didn't show your cards? Just some of them

ha.ha I dont know... I just always win more if I put my amount in as close to the end as possible than say more than 5 mins before the end?

Personally I find the last minute manual bidding gives a bit of a buzz...yes i'am a retro ebay-a-holic!

But I do use the sniper for when im not around to bid on something...I have currently got my sniper lined up on some funky cranks for the pace 200, just incase I forget.

JeRkY":1u7w1376 said:
I use gixen, the bike you lost didnt happen to finish about 9pm did it...and it wasnt red with pace forks was it?....if so.....oops!

but yeah if your highest bid is higher than the snipers, it still makes no odds...you will win.

And even before I discovered gixen, I used to do last 10 second bids manually.

I am thinking of using a snipe, as I tried to bid manually in the dying secs on a GT, but missed it. I was too slow, and to add insult to injury the bid I tried to make was £2 higher than the winner :roll: Full LX for £53 and I missed it :roll:

That last min panic then that horrible sinking feeling like a kick in the balls... Dont you love ebay!!

bear in mind if you plan to use gixen for snipe on ebay USA, that the currency the auction is in is the currency you bid with i.e. just put dollars in the box instead of pounds.

Whether you use a sniper, or actually put in the most you want to pay ten seconds before the auction ends, it doesn't matter- if someone is doing the same and is willing to pay more, they'll win.

Just be satisfied that they are a chump who has paid over the odds, whilst you are a savvy soul who doesn't.......... :p

whooo hooo sniped my first victory!!

Certainly takes the hassle away and panicing :D

Back