Rock Shox Judy XC/FSX upgrade to 80mm, how?

Inhales deeply, puffs chest out smartly, and then struts around like a proud peacock with his immaculate and brightly colored Specialized attributes on display...

:LOL:

If you can get hold of an englund air kit they are very good. I did have a spare one but sold it sadly, they do seem to be very expensive. Thankfully the kit in my fsx is working fine. I do have a set of rst xmo forks which have the englund kit, not sure if it's the exact same fitting as the judy, but they may be compatible and a cheaper option, as the rst forks are very underrated (why I haven't stolen the internals from them up to now).

k-rod":2acxxav3 said:
Inhales deeply, puffs chest out smartly, and then struts around like a proud peacock with his immaculate and brightly colored Specialized attributes on display...

:LOL:

You'll be glad to know that it's now caked in mud being ridden weekly :mrgreen:

ishaw":2nadr61h said:
If you can get hold of an englund air kit they are very good. I did have a spare one but sold it sadly, they do seem to be very expensive. Thankfully the kit in my fsx is working fine. I do have a set of rst xmo forks which have the englund kit, not sure if it's the exact same fitting as the judy, but they may be compatible and a cheaper option, as the rst forks are very underrated (why I haven't stolen the internals from them up to now).
sorry for the delay in responding, was off on vacation. and when returned, have been occupied elsewhere.

so do the englund air kits upgrade to 75-80mm of travel? and how reliable and maintenance free are they?

i have a Judy SL at my disposal, but believe it's a later year model and probably not compatible? want to keep modifications to a minimal. :?

anyone with opinions of spring conversion options, such as mountain speed springs, white bros, etc.

Englund increase travel to whatever length kist you get, it replaces the whole internals and top caps.

Spring do not increase travel, you just buy from whoever (Mountain/RockShox or similar 6" length total spring setup (or is it 7" I forget) you want for your weight)
To increae travel you change damper cartridge and dummy leg, spring setup stays the same.

Re:

got it ;)

so Englund will require specific 80mm Judy kit.

for springs, upgrading or not, i would still require changing the original internal to longer travel either from a donor fork, or upgrade LT kit.

The englund kits don't require much maintenance in my experience. When they do its just o rings I believe (not had to service mine but they've not had much use tbh). They don't have external damping adjustment, you need to change a valve internally which is a shame but they do make the fork more plush for sure.

There are 2 types of springs. The standard full length replacement ones with the rubber baffles are drop in. The Type II + III need the associated couplers in between the springs.

51DEF12D-0745-48B8-B0B7-09106278EA3A_zpsqni8ezpd.jpg

True about the the coupling bits but the kits I've had in the past came with them I think.

ishaw":oyk53kba said:
True about the the coupling bits but the kits I've had in the past came with them I think.

I have a bunch of Type II and Type III kits. They're springs only. They were sold so you could change spring rates while using your original hardware.

Back