Suggestions for kit bag (puncture repair) on rides

Re:

I usually take...

Spare tube
Self adhesive puncture repair plasters.
CO2 tyre inflator (or mini-pump for "wilder" riding").
2 tyre levers
Lezyne mini multi tool (Allen keys, chain tool, screwdrivers, spoke key etc).
Basic 1st Aid kit (bandage, survival blanket, paracetamol, plasters, tape).
Emergency whistle.
Phone.
Water and food for longer rides, for most rides of about an hour I don't bother taking water (unless it's really hot).

Usually carried in a hydration backpack thing, which has room for plenty of water/food and a waterproof jacket.

if you want to go light then just carry a spare tube, tyre levers, and a CO2 canister, which is what I sometimes do for shorter rides and is all you might need 99.5% of the time.

I've tried the bags under the saddle, either they rattled or fell off, so now I use a backpack, cycling Jersey with pockets, or just my baggy shorts with zipped pockets for shorter rides, and tape a tube under the saddle.

Also look into using a water bottle to keep things in, you cash buy dedicated bottle tool holders that fit in regular bottle cages or modify a water bottle of your own, something I might try this summer.

I use a leyzne caddy sack, carries everything i need and sits in my pocket, it's also pretty much flat and pocket shaped. I have on occasion had a bit of a panic, thinking i've left it behind......

(I don't use pumps tho, CO2 canisters are far easier and quicker, and cheaper and less likely to break......)

02gf74":2bwzknv9 said:
I had a wedge until it came off losing house keys and toolkit. Never again. Now trust only velcro straps not plastic clips.
Me to, lost one years ago in the North Notts area, if anyone finds it let me know! :)

Back