West Midlands ride venues

claret73":2xha45d3 said:
James
Will get some info together this week on a route. It'll be a late Spring ride at best & again depends on my situ, where I'll be around then...
Keep you all posted though.

:D great stuff, no problems,we can pencil it in later in the year

look forward to the info

I think Brendon hill is where Adrian has a route for? John was saying yesterday he would be happy to show his local area too :cool:

Shock/horror a summer (modern day at Afan?)

Something different ...summer family day at the Forest? (other halfs,kids etc)

Seems like a good time to get this thread running again.

So if you have any ideas for a ride venue,or you would like to organise one, please let us know.

Re:

theredchili":303avw5z said:
claret73":303avw5z said:
I did a Great ride in Worcestershire last year over Bredon Hill...I'd be Happy to pore over the Maps & make the route slightly better. Plenty of Climbing with some hiking, but a mix of lanes provides some nice respite. Really nice area and I did see a Pub with benches outside...Gonna have to be a warm weather one that though & I'll have to pencil in when I know where I'm at location wise. Could be out the country over Spring?...

keep us updated on this, sounds good ,do you fancy leading a ride there ?

Bredon Hill, I grew up in one of the villages at the foot of that hill, there's some really fun little sections on the hill and with careful planning the ups aren't too bad either. :D

Pub wise The Beckford Inn has plenty of parking and overnight accommodation as well as food.

Re: Re:

spike3":2lqcrkqn said:
theredchili":2lqcrkqn said:
claret73":2lqcrkqn said:
I did a Great ride in Worcestershire last year over Bredon Hill...I'd be Happy to pore over the Maps & make the route slightly better. Plenty of Climbing with some hiking, but a mix of lanes provides some nice respite. Really nice area and I did see a Pub with benches outside...Gonna have to be a warm weather one that though & I'll have to pencil in when I know where I'm at location wise. Could be out the country over Spring?...

keep us updated on this, sounds good ,do you fancy leading a ride there ?

Bredon Hill, I grew up in one of the villages at the foot of that hill, there's some really fun little sections on the hill and with careful planning the ups aren't too bad either. :D

Pub wise The Beckford Inn has plenty of parking and overnight accommodation as well as food.

Which village? I used to live in Sedgeberrow.

Re:

The Conservators have thrown up many 'no cycling' signs on the Malvern Hills recently, especially around the best trails on the western side and apparently, the southern track around the British camp now ends at the stone pie :facepalm: according to the new map on the entrance gate .. we usually carry right on to Chase End and beyond ...

Back