RBotM - APRIL - OPEN Month - Nominations now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I'll bung this in, seeing as I finished it yesterday!
My late Father-in-law's 1950's (probably) Ernie Clements. It was in a bit of a state, I rescued almost everything including the rusty wheels. The transmission was worn out but I sourced a CL chainring and a new old stock identical freewheel. Brakes are GB Hids; Reynolds stem & seatpost.
Cranks, BB and headset replated by Prestige of Mexborough.
Paintjob from Halfords cans by me; lug lining my my wife.

26616135325_3c3d99c780_c.jpg

26590054016_0713387975_z.jpg

Looking very lovely Neil :)
Are you going to decal it or leave it as is?
You do realise that with nice work like that your wife may have a new career, that is unless its what she does already.
Thanks for entering.

Jamie

Re:

Not sure, Jamie, I've never got any confirmation that it was indeed an EC under the thick coat of silver paint he'd slathered over it!

Re:

Indeed lots of colourful bikes this month :)

I would like to submit my restored Amsterdam Presto for the competition. This Presto was build by Jan Legrand in 1978

307usk9.jpg

i1acyq.jpg

Not quite the extravagant paintjob as the other bikes in the thread of course but I did my best restoring the frame to its former state.

Found it as a frame shown below, clearly the former owner had his own ideas of esthetics. I located a painter who had the original Presto masks, together we stripped a little bit of the blue and red fame and found out what the original colour was. He has done a great job

oqkb9l.jpg

(Hope this third pic will be allowed)

Re:

Here's another for the mix -

my 1982 Courtois (in size quite large!)

Strange pearlescent cream colour - but it seems to work with the decals.

Group is mainly Spidel, with some Simplex and Weinmann.

Attachments

• P1014756.JPG
    P1014756.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 6,748
  • P1014757.JPG
    P1014757.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 6,748
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back