The Official Retrobike shipping Sticky

Any members from Ireland on here?

What is the best shipping option for a full suspension frame from Ireland to Holland?
E-bay seller has 2 options, one not insured and the other over 200 EUR.

Thanks in Advance,

Re:

Can anybody advise what they believe the cost would be for shipping a complete bike from Texas to the UK? It's a steel framed bike so I'd expect the weight to be reasonable, and obviously the box would be bike sized...
I'm happy to wait for it after its travelled to the coast, so shipping by sea is ok with me if that's the most cost effective.
Many thanks for any help you can offer, it'll make my decision to purchase (or not) easier :)

Cheapest people to post a frame with chaps? Parcelforce £15ish is that right"

Re:

I am trying to arrange collection of a bike nearly 1.5 m long, I have been quoted a decent price by senditnow.com, however, I can arrange a collection time but cant specify a delivery date just within 24 hrs/48 hours etc.

Any suggestion of a company than I am able to select a specific delivery day :?:

Re:

Is there anyone on here who has any experience in shipping to the USA regarding couriers?

I've just looked on Parcelforces web and it's not looking good so I might have to pop into the local post office for a quote.

Cheers.

Don't know the appropriate forum for this but wanted to warn members against using Eurosender as a broker for shipping.

I sold an MTB to 27motorhead and arranged shipping through them from Germany to UK and they didn't collect, and dealing with their customer service has been a nightmare. Totally unapologetic and refuse to refund, instead just pointing to shoddy t+c's and trying to say their job is complete as they passed it to the shipper-who coindidentally won't deal with me as I'm technically not their customer. I really wouldn't trust them to walk my dog at this point.

Hey guys! Hopefully it's the right topic.

Does anyone have personal experience or can refer to some guidance regarding ordering bike parts from UK to EU whilst the post-Brexit situation going on? In detail I'm interested about ordering used and retro parts from other people, not new stuff from companies.

I checked out some regulation regarding the object codes and declaring the goods but I'm not too certain I can handle all this required bureaucracy too well without the fear of getting my styff stuck in customs office.

All help is much appreciated!

Back